Summer Workshops

Early Bird: $395 per week until March 31st

Summer to Travel the Global MAP!

Unleash your kids’ creativity this summer

IMPORTANT: Deadline for Early-Bird, discounted registration is March 31st. Deadline for registration is June 30th!

Note: This year, we are serving students who will be starting grades 2-5 in the fall. You are required to indicate the grade in the registration field below.

Let’s take a tour of the world at MAP!

Each week is themed after a continent on the world map. Our Music, Art, and Programming teachers will structure their lessons to fit within the broad themes to inspire and educate all participants.

Pricing and Discount Summary

Full-Day (9am-5pm) Summer Workshops are $420 per week ($395 with Early Bird Discount) with an “early drop-off” option (8:30am drop-off) available for an extra $35/week.

Half-Day Summer Workshops may become available in April or May, depending on demand. However, preference is given to full-day registrants, and registration is “first come, first serve”. Register early to confirm your spot.

This is a summary of pricing and discounts. To see full details (including sibling and bulk registration discounts), please see “description” section below. (Click here to skip down to Description).

Not yet familiar with MAP? Come to our Open House on February 25th from 1-2pm.

Early Bird Discount until March 31st, 2023

Deadline: Early Bird, discounted registration ends Fri., March 31st, 2023.

Deadline: Registration ends Fri., June 30th, 2023.

Sibling Discount: A sibling discount of 5% is automatically applied to registrations of two or more children in a single week. Children must be part of the same household.

Pick an event on the calendar:
Loading
Participant #1
$35.00

Description

Summer to Travel the Global MAP!

Unleash your kids’ creativity this summer

IMPORTANT: Deadline for Early-Bird, discounted registration is March 31st. Deadline for registration is June 30th!

Note: This year, we are serving students who will be starting grades 2-5 in the fall. You are required to indicate the grade in the registration field below.

Let’s take a tour of the world at MAP!

Each week is themed after a continent on the world map. Our Music, Art, and Programming teachers will structure their lessons to fit within the broad themes to inspire and educate all participants.

About 2023 Summer Workshops

  • These workshops will be in-person at our Malden location at 10 Dexter St. (across from the Beebe school).
  • All workshops are 5 days long, during the weekdays.
  • Full Day (9am-5pm)
  • For students starting grades 2-5 grade. You must indicate incoming grade during registration.
  • Each week will focus on a project, based on the chosen theme. Class project will be determined by your chosen preferences as stated in this registration, as well as student experience and ability. Each week’s project will be unique.

Week Global Theme Focus

  • Week One (July 10-14) – Hollywood, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
  • Week Two (July 17-21) – Paris, France
  • Week Three (July 24-28) – Ghana, Africa
  • Week Four (July 31 – August 4)  – New Delhi, India
  • Week Five (August 7-11) – Tokyo, Japan

Detailed Hourly Schedule

Morning Schedule

9:00 – 9:15 | Drop Off

9:15 – 9:30 | Circle Time

9:30 – 10:15 am | Music Activity*

10:15 – 10:20 am | Bathroom/Water Break

10:20 – 11:00 | Programming Activity*

11:00 – 11:20 | Outside Play (Weather Permitting) or Free Time

11:20 – 12:00 | Art Activity*

12:00 – 12:30 | Lunch Break

12:30 – 1:00 pm | Outside Play (Weather Permitting) or Free Time

1:00 – 1:45 | STEAM Activity*

1:45 – 2:10 | Snack (from home) and Bathroom/Water Break

2:10 – 2:50 | STEAM Activity*

2:50 – 3:00 | Break

3:00 – 5:00 | Open-Ended Games and Other Activities

5:00 – 5:15 | Pickup

*Specific activities subject to teacher availability each day.

Pricing

Full-Day (9am-5pm) Summer Workshops are $420 per week ($395 with Early Bird Discount).

Half-Day Summer Workshops may become available in May or June, depending on demand. However, preference is given to full-day registrants, and registration is “first come, first serve”. Register early to confirm your spot.

Discounts Available

The following are the discounts that are available. All should be automatically applied upon adding your schedule to the shopping cart. If you run into any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@mapflc.com

  • Early Bird Discount | Register before March 31st and take an additional $25 off each week. Discount Applied once weeks have been added to your cart.
  • Sibling Discount | 5% off each student, for each week enrolled. Siblings must be children within the same household.
  • 3-4 Weeks | Add an extra $5 per week discount (this can be combined in addition to sibling discounts).
  • 5 Weeks | Add an extra $10 per week discount (this can be combined in addition to sibling discounts).
  • Has your child attended MAP for two years or more? Is your child 12 years or older? If so, they may apply to be a “student mentor” to participate at a discount rate, while gaining valuable skills and experience.

Refund policy

We understand that scheduling and planning can be challenging. However, we also reserve spots, hire teachers and staff, and purchase materials based on registration. In an effort to meet parents in the middle, we have the following refund policy:

  • If you register early, you can request a cash refund of 75% before March 31. The remaining 25% will be carried over for your use in the 2024 summer workshop season.
  • Any requests received on or after April 1 but before May 31 will be eligible for a refund of 50% in cash. The remaining 50% will be carried over for your use in the 2024 summer workshop season.
  • Refund requests made on or after June 1 will be of 25% in cash. The remaining 75% will be carried over for your use in the 2024 summer workshop season.

Registration

If this sounds like something for you, then we invite you to register for summer workshops this year at MAP. Click on any of the days for your desired weeks from the the calendar below to start registration.

Availability is very limited! Schedule your spot soon to ensure your attendance.

Devin Ulibarri

Guitar, Music, and Coding Instructor

Devin Ulibarri, known by his many students as “Mr. Devin”, has over a decade and a half of experience teaching children the basics of music. He received a Master of Guitar at New England Conservatory of Music in 2012. He is prior chair for New England Conservatory Prep School’s guitar department.

Bradley Stone

Guitar Instructor

Walter Bender, expert inventor and educator has created many things over the course of his life, and guided others to do the same. As a master “Toy Maker”, Walter has also created many “things to think with” for kids to use to learn and explore.

Chie Yasuda

Art and Design Instructor

Chie Yasuda is a watercolor artist based in greater Boston. She grew up, studying the basics of art, in Japan, and she received a B.A. of Drawing from the University of New Mexico.

Warren Senders

Warren Senders, is an instructor for Music-in-Education at New England Conservatory of Music. He has given hundreds of workshops and classes for students of all ages from preschool to elders, incorporating the power of group music-making, instrument-building, and oral tradition to create transformative experiences of song and rhythm.

What precautions are you taking to prevent spread of COVID-19?

We take our community’s health very seriously. Please see our detailed FAQ at https://malden.mapflc.com/covid-19-in-person-reopening-precautions-faq/

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Summer Workshops”